Sunday, July 10, 2011

Why Your Annual Review is Unfair

Dear Evil HR Lady

It’s employee evaluation time again, and I am feeling very frustrated. For the past two years my boss has given me the highest possible evaluation. He has said I am the best employee he’s had for 15 years and he can’t think of any suggestions for improvement. But then he has given me 2s and 3s as ratings (1 is the highest and 5 is the lowest). When I asked him about it, he said that he was told to do so (he actually had to lower the initial ratings he gave me) because if he gave me all 1s then he’d have to give me a raise, and he has been told he can’t give raises. This is company policy that I don’t think he can do anything about, but it’s extremely disheartening. Do I just shrug my shoulders and go along with this unfair system? How common is this?


To read my answer click here: Why Your Annual Review is Unfair

No comments:

Post a Comment