Monday, February 28, 2011

5 Ways to Conduct a Secret Job Search

Dear Evil HR Lady,

I used to love my job. To make a long story short my boss (who is fantastic) has a new boss (who is not-so-fantastic). The culture of my team and the things I loved about my job are vanishing and I feel the need to make a move. I am in sales in an industry which functions like a very small town. If I send out a resume with my name and/or my company I will be able to measure in nanoseconds how quickly the news that I am looking will get back to my boss. Other colleagues “caught looking” have been summarily fired and I don’t want that to be me. Is there a process for submitting resumes to open positions with either my name or my current company marked confidential without appearing that my current company is the CIA? Do recruiters just pass over such resumes in favor of someone who offers full disclosure? Please help! Thanks.


5 Ways to Conduct a Secret Job Search

No comments:

Post a Comment