Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Hate My New Job

Dear Evil HR Lady,

I recently accepted a job in an industry I had no interest in. I knew it would give me valuable experience and allow for me to start my career on a good note. I was only hoping to stay with this company for 1-2 years. After 1 month, I have already had enough. I am working from 8 AM to 7 PM and I have no work/life balance. There are days when I come home and cry. My boss gives me nothing but negative feedback and I feel as though I am failing. I am desperately trying to find a job in my dream field (HR or OD) but I am afraid that companies will have no interest in me since I just started this job. Due to this, I have a variety of questions:

1) What is the best approach to my job search given this situation?
2) Do I include this current position on my resume and applications?
3) How do I emphasize to employers out of state that I am willing to relocate? I never seem to get calls from them.
4) Did I screw myself for taking this job?
5) Am I feeling overwhelmed since this is my first full time job?

I Hate My New Job

No comments:

Post a Comment