Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Why Is It So Hard to Get a Low Paying Job?



Dear Evil HR Lady,

I would like an insider like yourself to answer this instead of getting my info from crazy internet conspiracy theorists. You give wonderful advice to working professionals, but I'm wondering if you won't take a moment to give a hand up to us "regular Joes."

Why is it SO hard to find a JOB? Just a regular job? Do you know of anyone who could entertain that kind of opportunity AND pass the UNICRU test honestly? "Leave It To Beaver" intelligent, honest, friendly, and yet unambitious? Why are these employers so full of themselves and out-of-touch? This isn't Lockheed-Martin, it's a GROCERY STORE. I know... "In the ultra-competitive modern market we have to make even the mundane exceptional." Yet every time I go into one of these places I can't help thinking "THESE people are what they're screening so hard to find?" And YES - I don't WANT to work there, but I must work SOMEWHERE. Even before the economic crisis hit, this was unnecessarily difficult.


Why Is It So Hard to Get a Low Paying Job?

No comments:

Post a Comment