Friday, February 11, 2011

Can I Say No to Health Insurance and Get a Raise Instead?

Dear Evil HR Lady,

I’m retired from the Navy and, therefore, covered by military health insurance. When the economy took a dive I declined the company paid health coverage. In three years of not paying for this, the company is saving around $16,000. This summer will make three years since I’ve had a pay raise. Is there a tactful way for me to mention the amount of money the company has saved, and ask for a raise based on that? Or is that horribly tacky? I’ve done a lot of good things for the company, and just based on the fact that I’m still employed, I know I’m appreciated. At this point I would just like a little more tangible proof!!

Can I Say No to Health Insurance and Get a Raise Instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment