Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Interviewer Said I Have the Job, But No Offer Has Appeared

Dear Evil HR Lady,

I’m currently unemployed, but I interviewed with a past colleague heading a new company department. I was told after the interview that “they wanted me” and I just had to talk to a couple of other guys. At that interview the guys seemed like they were indifferent. They were preoccupied and knew little about me. After the interview, I was told by HR that I was it and they stopped looking for others. I was also told that although I would start as a Senior Art Director, that would be fast-tracked to Associate Creative Director.

I would be contacted that evening or the next day. Two days later, I finally make contact and things have stalled. They have to assess the skills of ALL of the candidates to determine the right mix. And they thank me for my patience.

They know I am looking at another company and ask me to keep her informed so she can keep the team informed. A couple of days later I get an update that they should know more about next steps this Wednesday. I am wondering are they considering another candidate OR are they considering a restructure of the department to take advantage of getting me or am I not going to get the role due to extenuating circumstances?

What’s the best play?


The Interviewer Said I Have the Job, But No Offer Has Appeared

No comments:

Post a Comment