Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Visual Resumes

I got an e-mail from Vizual Resumes, which I'm sure my fellow HR bloggers also got. Now, I'm going to lay aside my prejudice against people who use misspellings on purpose, and say this:

These resumes look awesome.

I find this one visually appealing: http://www.vizualresume.com/inspired-visual-resume-190.html, but the content isn't worth much.

I like this notebook paper style: http://www.vizualresume.com/graphic-designer-resume-example-231.html and the writer is a graphic designer, so it seems good.

But, do resumes like this help anyone other then, say, a graphic designer? I admit, if one of these appeared on my desk I'd look it over. (Given, of course, that I was hiring people, which I'm not). But, with so much done online and with recruiting software, would this hinder you?

Has anyone received (or written) a cool looking resume that gets you results?

My official position is, by the way, that you should not use your resume as a time to think outside the box. But, perhaps I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment