Monday, June 14, 2010

Is Networking Dead?

Dear Evil HR Lady,

I have been on the search for over 8 months. I know business inside and out and was once president of a company. I can’t get a job at a lower level. I know what I’m doing, but, I’m starting to wonder about “networking.” I wonder, could it just be the new buzzword? Do any of you realize that there are virtually no jobs available in this economy, and talking to those of you have jobs is not going to make more of them appear?

This is coming from a person who has also fired, laid off and hired thousands, like you. I am beginning to become very, very frustrated hearing this very tired statement about networking. We are networking to talk about about potential jobs that are simply not available, in industries that have been shipped over seas. In the meantime, the money has run out. Until some job creation happens, there are no jobs to network about. I have networked with so many people, that all my friends and networks of friends are beginning to think its just sad.

I am beginning to wonder if anyone else is feeling the same way out there, or am I just a crazy old guy out here?


So, Is Networking Dead?

No comments:

Post a Comment