Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Public Service Announcement

This is completely off topic, and I apologize for it. On Monday, one of my friends was killed in a car crash. Her parents, who were with her, are in critical condition and the doctors don't expect her mother to survive. My friend was 46.

An 18 year old girl ran a stop sign and t-boned them. She walked away with minor injuries. She was also text messaging while driving.

Please don't do that. Texting requires that you use your hands for something other than steering and your eyes for something other than looking.

If your teenager is texting while driving, please take her phone and her car away from her.

Not only is my friend dead, this 18 year old girl has to live knowing her stupidity caused someone else's death. I don't think you would want to be in either position.

No comments:

Post a Comment